Enjoy some healthy fun with your peers and a chance to win prizes by joining the STS Wellness Challenge at the 60th Annual Meeting of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons in San Antonio, TX. Reach Challenge goals, boost your well-being - and work your way up the leaderboard to compete for bragging rights and prizes.
The Challenge begins on Saturday, January 27, at 12:01 a.m. CT and ends on Monday, January 29, at 11:59 p.m. CT. Activities detailed below and completed in this time frame will be eligible. Challenge activities include tracking daily step totals, staying hydrated, attending a wellness-themed session, reviewing wellness resources on the STS website, and more.
1) Download the "STS Wellness Challenge" app
2) Launch the app and complete the in-app registration process:
Pair your supported activity tracker
3) Start Stepping!
To sync your step data to the app, select "Tap to sync points" at the top of the dashboard.
Sync your point data at least one time per 24 hour period and before the challenge end time to make sure all your points count!
Gratitude Journal: Use the app and enter the three things you are grateful for or the positive events that have happened in your day. Practice your journaling daily to lower stress levels and feel calmer at night. You will automatically receive 1,000 bonus points per day for completing a journal entry.
Scan-In: Scan QR codes around the meeting using the in-app scan module to earn bonus points each day:
1. Educational Session: Attend the "Ergonomics in Cardiothoracic Surgery - Come Stretch With Us!" session on Sunday, January 28, 12:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Scan the QR code that will be displayed on the screen at the end of the presentation. Earn 1,000 points for attending.
2. Water Stations: Scan the QR code at water stations around the convention center each time you fill up. STS Members! Visit the STS Pavilion and show your member badge to receive a free water bottle to use during the challenge. (One bottle per member; first 500 only!). Scan the code at the water station to earn 250 points each time, up to a maximum of 1,500.
3. Revive Lounge: Visit the Revive Lounge in the Exhibit Hall. Enjoy the golf simulator, a chair massage, or simply take a relaxing break to recharge. Scan the code to earn 1,000 points once per day.
4. Access STS Wellness Resources: Visit sts.org/wellness to read about The Society’s wellness offerings. Read at least one blog post or listen to an episode of The Resilient Surgeon podcast. Then scan the QR code found on the page to receive 1,000 points.
Prizes will be awarded for hitting Challenge Step Goal Levels of 20,000, 30,000, and 40,000 points. All attendees that reach a minimum of 20,000 cumulative points by the end of the STS Wellness Challenge will be eligible for prizes:
Goal Level 1: 20,000 – 29,999 points
Goal Level 2: 30,000 – 39,999 points
Goal Level 3: 40,000+ points
Participants who achieve each goal level will have their names placed into a raffle to receive gift cards or STS-branded merchandise.
Note: you must be registered for STS 2024 to be eligible for Challenge prizes. Only one prize per participant. Winners will be notified directly via email and announced to all attendees following the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
** Bonus Activities: On the challenge app's main dashboard, tap the Bonus Activities selector. Click the bonus activity name in the description list (e.g., Scan-In) to get additional instructions for each activity.