AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
2018 SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR PRIZE GIVEAWAY
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Open only to individuals who are attending Scientific Sessions 2018 and complete a minimum of two blood pressure monitoring readings at booth 2031 and are legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia. All employees of the American Heart Association, Inc. (“AHA”), and their immediate family members and those living in the same household, are ineligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entry constitutes the entrant’s acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
2. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE GIVEAWAY:
A. Entry Period: The American Heart Association’s Home Blood Pressure Monitor Prize Giveaway (“Giveaway”) begins at 11:01 AM Central Standard Time on Saturday, November 10, 2018 and ends at 3:00 PM Central Standard Time on Monday, November 12, 2018 (“Entry Period”).
B. How to Enter: To enter, attendees at 2018 Scientific Sessions must take two (2) blood pressure readings during Scientific Sessions. Limit one (1) entry per person. Attendees may also enter without taking any blood pressure readings if, during Scientific Sessions, they leave their name, address and email address at AHA’s exhibit and say they want to be entered into the Giveaway.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: When the Entry Period ends, all eligible entries will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a prize (“Prize”), with five winner(s) selected by random drawing on or before November 17, 2018 (“Prize Winner(s)”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Prize Winner(s) will be notified by via email. At the sole discretion of the AHA, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (i) a Prize Winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after transmission; (ii) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (iii) a Prize Winner’s failure to provide the AHA with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (iv) a Prize Winner’s failure to validly claim the Prize by the date specified in Paragraph 4 below; and (v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. If the notification is returned as undeliverable, or the winner is otherwise unavailable or unreachable for any reason, the AHA reserves the right to award the Prize(s) to an alternate winner(s) or decide not to award the Prize(s), in the AHA’s sole discretion.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Prize will be awarded to each Prize Winner. The Prize consists of one (1) A&D Medical wireless connected home blood pressure monitor with an estimated fair market value of $74.99. The Prize must be redeemed from the AHA within thirty (30) days after the Entry Period ends unless otherwise provided by the AHA at which point an alternative winner will be selected. Prizes are subject to availability and may be changed or modified at AHA’s sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. The Prize Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and for any other expenses associated with the Prizes. Provision of the blood pressure monitor Prize is not intended as a recommendation or endorsement by AHA of the blood pressure monitor, the manufacturer, or any related products. AHA shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any of the blood pressure monitor readings or related products or services.
5. PUBLICITY: Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any materials submitted and/or entered into the Giveaway are the sole property of the AHA, will not be returned to the entrant, and may be used by the AHA for any purpose. Each entrant hereby grants to the AHA a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the entrant’s name, image, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, and statements, and, without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape that may be taken of the entrant or that are embodied in the materials submitted to the AHA (collectively, “Licensed Rights”), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Any personal information collected through this Prize Giveaway is subject to the AHA’s Privacy Statement (http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/General/Privacy-Policy_UCM_300371_Article.jsp). By entering for a chance to win, each entrant agrees to the use of his or her personal information as described in the above Privacy Statement.
7. DISCLAIMER: ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: AHA is not responsible for: (i) any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize(s), or from participation in this Giveaway or in any activity or travel related thereto; or (ii) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the Giveaway, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of Prize Winner(s). By entering this Giveaway, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the American Heart Association, Inc. from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death to any person).
9. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: American Heart Association, 2018 Scientific Sessions Home BP Monitor Prize Giveaway, 7272 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75231-4596.
10. GOVERNING LAW: Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction.
11. SPONSORING ORGANIZATION: American Heart Association, Inc., 7272 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75231-4596.
2018 SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR PRIZE GIVEAWAY. LEGAL APPROVED 10-4-18