Join us for the ADHA-IOH Walking Challenge at
the ADHA 2021 Annual Conference
in Phoenix, June 18-20!
Participate in some friendly competition with your peers as you walk your way up the leaderboard and try to exceed your Challenge Goals to win exciting giveaways and opportunities to boost your steps on the exhibit floor. All steppers can earn extra points through daily challenges.
The Walking Challenge starts on Friday, June 18 at 12:01 a.m. MT and ends on Sunday, June 20 at noon MT.
The ADHA and The ADHA Institute for Oral Health (IOH) are excited to bring you the ADHA – IOH Walking Challenge
The first 200 attendees to stop by the ADHA Walking Challenge booth next to registration on the 300 level on June 17th from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. MT will have a chance to receive a complimentary activity tracker.
In addition to supporting the Bluetooth activity trackers provided at the conference, the ADHA Challenge Mobile App also supports attendees using their own FitBit, Apple Watch, Garmin, or the activity trackers integrated on their iPhone/Android smartphone via Apple Health or Google Fit. *
Participants will also be able to raise funds for The ADHA Institute for Oral Health (IOH) and help the foundation reach its 2021 goal of $60,000. Funds directly support IOH scholarship and grant programs!
1) Download the "Heka Well" Challenge app:
2) Complete the registration and pairing process:
Launch the Challenge App and select "ADHA Walking Challenge" from the list
Complete the in-app registration process
Select your team and compete with other teams based on average step counts during the Challenge. The top teams will display on the Team Leaderboard within the app and at the Walking Challenge booth
Pair your supported activity tracker (see the Challenge FAQ for details)
To pair your complimentary ADHA activity tracker, please refer to the Custom Tracker Instructions
3) Start Walking:
To sync your step data to the app, select "Tap to sync steps" at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your tracker
Steps based on manually entered activities will automatically be added to your step counts
Please sync your activity tracker at least one time every 24-hour period and before your Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
How it works:
EARN BONUS STEPS
To help you achieve your Challenge goals, earn daily bonus steps by engaging in the activities listed below and use the in-app Scan-In feature (**) to scan the QR codes available at the different booths and events:
1. Participate in the Scavenger Hunt. Stop by the twelve (12) participating companies' exhibit booths and scan in to earn 500 bonus steps on Friday, June 18 and an additional 750 steps on Saturday, June 19!
2. Stop by any of our special events or special courses. Scan the four (4) QR codes and earn up to 500 bonus steps:
Friday, June 18 – Stargazing & Boots a Blazing – All attendee Reception at Corona Ranch
Saturday, June 19 – Health & Wellness Morning Break – All participants will be entered into a raffle for a NutriBullet
Saturday, June 19 – President’s Dinner & After Dark Party at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
Stop by the Product Presentation Theater
3. Participate in the Daily Challenge. Each day (on June 18-20), ADHA will send out a special challenge question. The answer to the question will lead you to a QR code. Use the Challenge app Scan-in feature to scan the code and earn an additional 500 bonus steps.
4. Follow any of the three (3) "ADHA" Social Media Accounts and visit the Membership booth in the Lobby area, show them your "follow" to earn a one-time 1,000 bonus steps:
- Instagram (@YourADHA)
- Facebook (American Dental Hygienists Association)
- Twitter (@YourADHA)
5. Stop by the IOH Booth and make a donation to earn bonus steps and receive a surprise!
Friday, June 18 Daily Step Challenge
The top 25 steppers are eligible to be entered into a drawing to win a complimentary registration to ADHA 2022. Winner to be announced at 7:00 a.m. MT on Saturday, June 19 through a mobile app notification. ADHA will contact the winner with instructions on how to redeem the complimentary registration. Only one (1) person can win the prize and cannot qualify to win any other prizes.
Saturday, June 19 Daily Step Challenge
The top 15 steppers are eligible to be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a complimentary total package to ADHA 2022: Complimentary registration, (4) night hotel stay and complimentary round trip economy airfare. Winner to be announced at 7:00 a.m. MT on Sunday, June 20 through a mobile app notification. ADHA will contact the winner with instructions on how to redeem the complimentary registration. Only one (1) person can win the prize and cannot qualify to win any other prizes.
Final Leaderboard Challenge
The top 5 steppers on the final cumulative leaderboard are eligible to be entered into our grand prize drawing of a $1,000 cash prize & complimentary registration to ADHA 2022. Winner will be announced in the ADHA Conference App at 3:00 p.m. MT on Sunday, June 20.
ADHA and IOH staff are not eligible for any incentives or prizes associated with this Challenge.
If you have any questions, contact the support team here, email us at or visit the Walking Challenge Booth next to registration on the 300 level at the conference.
* Apps are supported on iPhones & iPads with the three most recent major iOS versions and on Android phones with the four most recent major Android OS versions that have not been customized by the manufacturer. (Refer to list of supported operating systems for mobile devices.)
** Bonus Activity:
On the Challenge app's main dashboard, tap the Bonus Activities selector.
Press the Scan-In button and follow the app instruction to receive your bonus steps.