The Step challenge starts on Friday, December 6 at 7:00 a.m. ET and ends on Monday, December 9 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Participants can track their steps using their own personal Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, or the step trackers integrated on their iPhone/Android smartphone via Apple Health or Google Fit. *
1) Download the 'AES Step Challenge' app:
2) Launch the App and complete the registration and pairing process:
Complete the registration fields and pair your supported step tracker (see the Challenge FAQ Webpage for details)
3) Start Walking!
To sync your step data to the app, select 'Tap to sync steps' at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your step tracker
Please sync your step data at least one time per 24 hour period and before the Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
DAILY SCAN-IN TO EARN BONUS STEPS
To help you support your challenge goals, scan the four (4) QR codes daily using the challenge app at Learn the Ropes/Talkback Sessions, in the Member Center, Pratt Street Lobby, and receive 250 bonus steps for each scan. **
DAILY STEP CHALLENGE PRIZES (12/6 - 12/9)
All participants to reach the daily 10K+ step goal will be entered into a prize drawing for a chance to win:
- One of ten $5 Starbucks gift cards
- One $50 Amazon gift card
Random prize winners will be announced at 8:00 a.m. ET each day on 12/7 - 12/10, at the Member Center in Pratt Street lobby.
FINAL STEP CHALLENGE PRIZES
All participants to reach the final 40K+ step goal will be entered into a prize drawing for a chance to win:
- One of two Complimentary AES Memberships
- One Complimentary AES 2020 Annual Meeting Registration
Grand prize winners will be announced at 8:00 a.m. ET on 12/10 at the Member Center in Pratt Street lobby.
* The Step Challenge app requires iOS 9.0 and above on the following devices: iPhone 4S and above, iPad Air, Mini, and 3rd & 4th generation iPads. Android requirements: Android 5.0 and above that have not been customized by the phone-tablet manufacturer.
** To scan QR codes:
Open the 'AES Step Challenge' app
Press the Scan-In button located on the Walking Challenge dashboard in the app. Note that you will need to allow the app access to your device's camera
Align the app viewer with the QR Code and the code will automatically be detected and confirmed