Join the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 Wellness Challenge!
April 10-13, 2021
Help us raise funds for the AACR Foundation while participating in some healthy competition with your peers. Work your way up the leaderboard and exceed the Challenge Step Goal Levels to win prizes!
The AACR Wellness Challenge starts on Saturday, April 10 at 7:00 a.m. EDT and ends on Tuesday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
FREE Bluetooth activity trackers will be mailed to the first 150 participants who have registered by March 25. Please note, international mailing will take longer.
In addition to supporting the Challenge Bluetooth activity trackers, the AACR Challenge Mobile App supports attendees tracking their activities/points using their own personal Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, or the activity/point trackers integrated on their iPhone/Android smartphone via Apple Health or Google Fit. *
Register and then link back to this page from confirmation email to download the Challenge app. Correct tee shirt size can only be guaranteed to participants who register before March 18, 2021. Please note, international mailing will take longer.
After you have completed the registration process above, you are ready to download the Challenge app. Simply follow the instructions below to join in the healthy fun.
2) Login and complete the pairing process:
Login using your Challenge email and initial password that is noted in your registration confirmation.
Pair your supported activity tracker
Refer to the Tracker Pairing Instructions
3) Start walking & engaging in the Bonus Activities listed further below
To sync your step/activity data to the app, select "Tap to sync steps" at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your activity tracker
Once the Challenge starts, please make sure you sync your step data at least one time per day and before the Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
To change your initial password that was created during the registration process, please follow the Change Password Instructions
Trophies will be awarded to the Largest Team and Top Fundraising Team.
Prizes will also be awarded for individual steps accumulated throughout the Challenge. Individuals who reach or exceed the Step Goal Levels listed below will receive the prize as listed. Get 70K+ steps by the end of the Challenge to receive all 3 prizes!
30K+ Steps - AACR hat
50K+ Steps - AACR water bottle
70K+ Steps - AACR running belt
Engage in multiple Wellness activities and earn bonus steps to help you achieve your goals. Bonus steps will be awarded per completed activity. Once the Challenge has started, just press the "Bonus Activities" selector ** in the AACR Wellness Challenge App to select one of the following:
Scan-In: Use the in-app scan-in feature to scan the 4 QR codes and earn bonus steps at the following locations:
1. Learn about the AACR: Launch the 'About the AACR' video on your desktop, look for the QR code to scan-in, and earn a one-time 500 bonus steps.
2. Visit the Leading Discoveries Magazine: Explore recent articles published in the magazine, look for the QR code to scan-in, and earn a one-time 500 bonus steps.
3. Learn about the AACR Foundation: Launch the video X on your desktop and find ways to support lifesaving cancer research. Look for and scan-in the QR code and earn 500 bonus steps daily during the Wellness Challenge.
4. Visit AstraZeneca's Virtual Booth: Visit AstraZeneca and look for the QR code to scan-in and earn 500 bonus steps daily during the Wellness Challenge.
Yoga: Focus on releasing tension, connecting with the breath, and helping you gain strength, flexibility, and a centering of the mind. Join the session by starting the video and automatically receive 500 bonus steps at the completion (limit of one bonus granted per day).
Tweet: Via the in-app Twitter module, post a selfie of how your are staying well. The module will automatically add the following tags for you: #AACR21, @AACRfoundation, @AstraZeneca . You will earn 250 bonus steps per post. Post up to 4 times a day during the Wellness Challenge. Please note, you need to tweet from the Challenge app to receive the bonus steps.
AACR WELLNESS CHALLENGE LEADERBOARDS
Unless noted differently, the data for the leaderboards are refreshed approximately every 10 minutes.
Step Leaderboard (also available within the app):
Revenue Raised to Date via Personal Donation Pages (updated every ~15 min)
Revenue Raised to Date via Registration Pages (updated every ~15 min)
# of Members Per Team:
* Apps are supported on the three most recent major iOS versions and the four most recent major Android OS versions that have not been customized by the manufacturer. (Refer to list of supported operating systems for mobile devices.)
** Bonus Activities: