powering wellbeing experiences
Join the 2022 IACP OSW Activity Challenge!
Improving officer safety and wellness enhances the health and effectiveness of officers, as well as the safety of the community.
This Challenge is just one way to get involved in the IACP Officer Safety & Wellness Symposium March 15-17, 2022.
The Activity Challenge is sponsored by FirstNet® Built with AT&T and encourages attendees to engage in healthy activities, some friendly competition, and win prizes.
The IACP OSW Activity Challenge starts on Tuesday, March 15 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ends on Thursday, March 17 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.
*The Activity Challenge is open to all OSW Symposium in person and virtual attendees.
1) Download the "IACP OSW Activity Challenge" app:
2) Set up your Challenge Account:
Launch the Challenge app and complete the in-app registration.
- Pair your supported activity tracker
Anyone can track their steps using their smartphone* by pairing with Apple Health on iOS or Google Fit on Android. (You must have the Apple Health or Google Fit app installed on your phone and tracking your steps before pairing.)
The Challenge app also imports step data from Fitbit, Garmin and Apple Watch.
3) Start Walking!
To sync your step data to the app, select 'Tap to sync steps' at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your step tracker
Please sync your step data at least one time per 24 hour period and before the Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
Engage in wellness activities and earn bonus steps to help you achieve your goals. You will earn bonus steps for each completed activity. Once the Challenge has started, tap the Bonus Activities button ** in the Challenge app.
Scan-In: Visit the following six locations and scheduled activities and scan QR codes to earn bonus steps during the Challenge:
1. FirstNet Booth: Visit with staff and Rog the Dog, FirstNet Therapy Dog and scan the code to receive a one-time 1,000 step bonus.
2. Plank Challenge:
- Tuesday, March 15 at 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (Room 301-302) = 500 bonus steps
3. Stretching Session:
- Tuesday, March 15 at 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM (Room 301-302) = 500 bonus steps
4. Yoga Session:
- Wednesday, March 16 at 7:00 AM - 7:30 AM (Room 212-214) = 500 bonus steps
- Thursday, March 17, at 7:00 AM - 7:30 AM (Room 212-214) = 500 bonus steps
5. Push-Up Challenge:
- Wednesday, March 16 at 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM (Room 212-214) = 500 bonus steps
6. Mindfulness Session:
- Wednesday, March 16 at 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM (Room 212-214) = 500 bonus steps
Nutrition: Learn about new and easy ways to prepare healthy snacks and meals for the whole family with better ingredients while minimizing added sugar. Presented by nutritionist and the best selling author of Half the Sugar, All the Love, Jennifer Tyler Lee. These five nutrition video sessions will all be viewable in the Challenge app once the Challenge has started. Receive 500 bonus steps for each completed session. (Limit of 2,500 bonus steps for watching all 5 videos during the Challenge.)
Three Colors on Your Plate
Small Positive Changes
INCENTIVES AND PRIZES
Top Stepper Prize
The participant with the highest number of cumulative steps at the end of the Challenge will receive: One (1) complimentary full conference registration to attend the 2023 Officer Safety and Wellness Symposium.
Daily Step Goal Prizes
Participants reaching the cumulative step levels by the end of each day as listed below will be entered into random drawings for the prizes:
- 20,000+ steps: One random winner drawn from the steppers who reach the step level by the end of Tuesday, March 15 will win: One (1) complimentary full conference registration to attend the 2023 Officer Safety and Wellness Symposium.
- 30,000+ steps: One random winner drawn from the steppers who reach the step level by the end of Wednesday, March 16 will win: One (1) complimentary full conference registration to attend the 2023 Officer Safety and Wellness Symposium.
Daily Step Goal Prize winners will be announced via email and on the mobile event app on March 16 and 17. A prize winner is not eligible for subsequent drawings.
Each participant who views 4 of 5 of the in-app Nutrition videos during the Challenge will be entered into a drawing to win 1 of 7 copies of the Half the Sugar, All the Love cookbook.
All winners will be notified individually by email.
The Leaderboard below (also viewable in the app) rotates among the top 25 steppers and is refreshed approximately every 10 minutes once the Challenge has started.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request support here.
* Supported devices and operating systems
** Bonus Activities: