If you haven't already signed up, please stop by the Registration desk!
Ready to download the app? Join now:
1) Download the "Heka Well" Challenge app:
2) Set up your Challenge account
Launch the Challenge app and select "TIA 2022 Step Challenge" from the list
Complete the in-app registration process
Pair your step tracker
3) Start stepping:
To sync your step/activity data to the app, select "Tap to sync steps" at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your tracker
Please sync your activity tracker at least one time every 24-hour period and before your Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
Step Goal Prizes: All participants reaching any of the Challenge Step Goals at the end of the challenge will be entered into a drawing for one prize as listed below:
35,000+ Steps: Apple Watch
25,000+ Steps: LARQ Water Bottle
20,000+ Steps: $50 Amazon Gift Card
Prize winners will be announced during the closing session on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
Winner need not be present to win.
In addition, the first 100 participants reaching the Step Goals listed below should stop by the Avalon booth #312 to receive their “Brag Button”:
Engage in multiple activities and earn bonus steps to help you achieve your goals. Once the Challenge has started, tap the Bonus Activities button ** in the Challenge app.
Scan-In: Using the in-app Scan-In module, scan or enter the QR code for step boosts available at the following locations:
1. Sign-Up for the Wellness Challenge - Get ready for San Diego, download the app, and complete the in-app registration! Scan or enter the QR code (Code: 01qr500) to receive a one-time 500 step boost. Note: This code is available to scan prior to the Challenge starts and the bonus steps are added to the Leaderboard stats on 4/7.
2. Step Challenge Desk - (Marriott Grand Ballroom Foyer)
Check out the Avalon Avenger on Thursday, April 7 at 7am through Friday, April 8 at 5pm PDT and scan the QR code for a 500 step boost.
3. General Session, the Avalon Scholarship Announcement - (Marriott Grand Ballroom 5-9)
During the session on Thursday, April 7 at 8:00am -10:30am PDT, scan the QR code that will display on the screen prior to the announcement of the 2022 Avalon Scholarship winners, and you will receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 steps.
4. Avalon Booth in the TIA Exhibit Hall - (Booth #312)
Stop by and say hello to Avalon staff and scan the QR code to receive a one-time 1,000 bonus steps.
5. Education Session, Identifying and Addressing the Risks Inherent in Expanding Service Opportunities - (Marriott Grand Ballroom 1)
Attend the session on Friday, April 8 at 10am-11:00am PDT with Jaki Ferenz and scan the QR code to receive 1,000 bonus steps.
The Leaderboard (also available within the app) is refreshed approximately every 10 minutes once the Challenge has started.