powering wellbeing experiences
The Wellness Challenge starts on Thursday, July 27 at 12:01 a.m. CDT and ends on Saturday, July 29 at Noon CDT.
1) Download the Heka Well Challenge app:
2) Set up your Challenge Account:
Launch the Challenge app and select the "AAFP NC Wellness" Challenge from the list
Complete the in-app registration
Pair your supported activity tracker
Anyone can track their steps using their smartphone* by pairing with Apple Health on iOS or Google Fit on Android (make sure the Apple Health or Google Fit app is activated on your phone before pairing)
The Challenge app also imports step data from Fitbit, Garmin and Apple Watch
3) Start Walking!
To sync your step data to the app, select 'Tap to sync steps' at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your step tracker
Please sync your step data at least one time per 24 hour period and before the Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
Join the NC Wellness Challenge, pair your activity tracker, and sync your step data
Ways to earn points:
Each step earns you a point
Each Bonus activity earns you points
Eligible participants: Registered attendees of the National Conference for Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students, 18 years or older and who are residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Winners information: In addition to the first 50 participants to reach 15,000 points on July 28 and the first 50 participants to reach 15,000 points on July 29, there will be 3 Leaderboard winners at the end of the Wellness Challenge. Winners will be informed by email after the Challenge has ended and will be emailed their prizes within 10 days following the Conference. Winners may be required to submit a W-9 before receiving their prizes, and prizes are taxable. The winners will be announced on social media the week following National Conference.
Engage in wellness activities and earn bonus points to help you achieve your goals. You will earn bonus points for each completed activity. Once the Challenge has started, tap the Bonus Activities button ** in the Challenge App.
Scan-In: Using the in-app Scan-In module and scan the QR code to receive bonus points available at the following locations:
1. Lifestyle Medicine: (Room 2207): Attend session on Thursday, 7/28 at 2:30-3:45 p.m. to earn a one-time 1,000 bonus points.
2. The Perpetual Tightrope: (Room 2208) Attend the Balancing Work and Family Life session on Friday, 7/29 at 8:45-10:00 a.m. to earn a
one-time 1,000 bonus points.
3. AAFP Physician Health First: (Booth #637) Visit the AAFP Physician Health First booth and earn a one-time 1,000 bonus points.
Yoga Video: Watch and participate in the yoga sessions available and receive 1,000 bonus points for each session. Limit of one bonus per session/day. Please read and agree to the YOGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY document *** before participating in any of the yoga sessions.
1. Unwind: A gentle, relaxing practice
2. Wake Up: A mostly standing practice to boost your energy
3. Balance: A mix of seated and standing poses for a balanced body and mind
INCENTIVES AND PRIZES
Final Leaderboard Prizes
The top three-point earning participants on the NC Wellness Challenge leaderboard at the end of the NC Wellness Challenge will win:
$250 Giftogram for 1st place
$150 Giftogram for 2nd place
$100 Giftogram for 3rd place
The first 50 participants to reach 15,000 points each day (on Thursday, 7/28 and Friday, 7/29) will receive a one-time $10 Giftogram. Total 100 winners.
All prizes are compliments of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Winners will be informed by email after the Challenge has ended.
The Wellness Challenge Leaderboard (also available within the app) is refreshed approximately every 10 minutes once the Challenge has started.
** Bonus Activities:
On the Challenge app's main dashboard, tap the Bonus Activities selector.
Press the Scan-In button and follow the app instruction to receive your bonus steps.
*** YOGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration for being permitted to participate in a yoga program offered by Elizabeth Polk, by joining this Yoga session, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree to the following:
1. I recognize that like all exercise programs yoga requires physical exertion which may at times be strenuous and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I am physically fit and have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in this program.
3. I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program, and I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive to the fullest extent permitted by law any claim that I may have again Elizabeth Polk for injury or damages to person or property that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.