The Wellness Challenge starts on Thursday, October 26 at 12:01 a.m. CDT and ends on Sunday, October 29 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
1) Download the Heka Well Challenge app:
2) Set up your Challenge Account:
Launch the Challenge app and select the "AAFP FMX Wellness" Challenge from the list
Complete the in-app registration
Pair your supported activity tracker
Anyone with a smartphone* can participate and track their steps:
3) Start Walking!
To sync your step data to the app, select 'Tap to sync steps' at the top of the dashboard
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your step tracker
Please sync your step data at least one time per 24 hour period and before the Challenge end time to make sure all your steps count!
INCENTIVES AND PRIZES
Final Leaderboard Prizes
The top 3 point-earning eligible participants on the FMX Wellness Challenge
leaderboard at the end of the challenge will win a $100 Giftogram.
Up to 800 eligible participants who have reached 15,000 points may pick up a gift at the Physician Health First Booth #3024 - AAFP Central (while supply last).
All prizes are compliments of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Final Leaderboard Winners will be informed by email after the Challenge has ended.
Join the FMX Wellness Challenge, pair your activity tracker, and sync your step data
Ways to earn points:
Each step earns you a point
Each Bonus activity earns you points
Eligible participants: Registered attendees (physicians and health professionals) of the Family Medicine Experience (FMX), 18 years or older and who are residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Winners information: In addition to the 800 eligible participant winners who reach
15,000 points, there will be 3 Leaderboard winners at the end of the Wellness
Challenge. Leaderboard winners will be informed by email after the Challenge
has ended and will be emailed their prizes within 10 days following FMX. The
Leaderboard winners are required to submit a W-9 before receiving their prizes,
and prizes are taxable. The winners will be announced on the event mobile app
the week following FMX.
Engage in wellness activities and earn bonus points to help you achieve your goals. You will earn bonus points for each completed activity. Once the Challenge has started, tap the Bonus Activities button ** in the Challenge App.
Scan-In: Using the in-app Scan-In module and scan the QR code to receive bonus points available at the following locations:
1. Daily Wellness Activity (AAFP Info Desk - Level 3 Central Concourse): Participate in the activity of the day (posted on the sign) and scan the QR Code to earn 1,000 bonus points each day (limit one scan per day).
2. Moment of Reflection (Reflection Room - Level 4 Room W474B): Complete a gratitude journal entry or enjoy a few quiet moments in the Reflection Room and scan the QR Code to earn 1,000 bonus points each day (limit one scan per day).
3. Well-being Sessions (Room W185 - Level 1 Concourse): Attend a session from any of the Leadership, and Physician Well-being tracks and scan the QR Code to earn 1,000 bonus points (limit one scan per day).
4. AAFP Physician Health First (The Xchange - AAFP Central Booth 3024): Visit the AAFP Physician Health First booth and scan the QR Code to earn a one-time 1,000 bonus points.
5. Wellness Tips (AAFP Info Desk - Level 1 Concourse): Learn Physical / Personal Wellness tips and scan the QR Code to earn 500 bonus points each day (limit one scan per day).
6. Wellness Tips (Table Topics Area - Level 3 Central Concourse): Learn Social Wellness tips and scan the QR Code to earn 500 bonus points each day (limit one scan per day).
7. Wellness Tips (CME Resources - Level 3 Central Concourse): Learn Emotional Wellness tips and scan the QR Code to earn 500 bonus points each day (limit one scan per day).
Video: Watch a Health and Well-being in-app video and receive 1,000 bonus points for each session. Limit of one bonus per session/day. Please read and agree to the YOGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY listed in the footer section of this page*** before participating in any of the yoga sessions.
1. Yoga Stretch Break
2. All Levels Yoga Flow
3. Resilience (I don't want to be Resilient)
The Leaderboard (also viewable in the app) rotates among the top 25 steppers and is refreshed approximately every 10 minutes once the Challenge has started.
If you have any questions about the app, email email@example.com or
visit the AAFP Mobile App Assistance Desk.
** Bonus Activities:
On the Challenge app's main dashboard, tap the Bonus Activities selector.
*** YOGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration for being permitted to participate in a yoga program offered by Elizabeth Polk, by joining this Yoga session, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree to the following:
1. I recognize that like all exercise programs yoga requires physical exertion which may at times be strenuous and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I am physically fit and have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in this program.
3. I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program, and I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive to the fullest extent permitted by law any claim that I may have again Elizabeth Polk for injury or damages to person or property that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.