powering wellbeing experiences
Join the Maritz Global Events Sustainability Challenge
Powered by Heka Health at IMEX Frankfurt
Exercise mind and body as you learn all that IMEX Frankfurt is doing to advance sustainability efforts through education and activities as well as demonstrating it through how the show is planned.
Enjoy some healthy competition with your peers as you walk, participate, and learn! You’ll earn chances to win prizes for reaching Challenge Goals and working your way up the leaderboard.
The Maritz Global Events Sustainability Challenge starts on Tuesday, 31 May at 12:00 CEST and ends on Thursday, 02 June at 12:00 CEST.
Participants can experience various aspects of sustainability during the on-site experience and will gain bonus points at specific places throughout the event.
The Heka Well Challenge app collects step data throughout the event and creates a dynamic experience for IMEX Frankfurt attendees. Participants can earn bonus points by completing focused activities throughout Hall 8 and Hall 9. You can earn over 30,000 Bonus Points to help you push yourself up the leaderboard.
1) You must be registered for IMEX Frankfurt to participate and win prizes in this Challenge.
3) Set up your Challenge account
Launch the Challenge app and select "IMEX Frankfurt" from the list
Complete the in-app registration process
Pair your step tracker
Anyone can track their steps using their smartphone* by pairing with Apple Health on iOS or Google Fit on Android (make sure Apple Health or Google Fit is installed on your phone before pairing)
Heka Well also imports step data from Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch
4) Start stepping!
To sync your step data to the Challenge app, select "Tap to sync steps" at the top of the Summary screen
Please make sure you are actively logged into the Challenge app and SYNC YOUR STEP DATA FREQUENTLY, AT LEAST ONE TIME PER DAY as some data sources will not provide step data that is over 24 hours old
Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your tracker
Stop by the Sustainability Challenge Booth (between Halls 8 and 9 ) to get your Sustainability Challenge
sticker to identify you to connect with your fellow Challengers in the app. The Sustainability Challenge booth is open starting Tuesday, 31 May at 11:00 CEST.
Grand Prize Drawings on Thursday, 2 June at 14:30 @ Maritz Global Events booth (#F650). Winners to be announced in email after the show. Winners do not need to be present to win.
You have the opportunity to be entered into drawings for 5 prizes *** based on the following criteria:
TOP 25 Leaderboard Prize - one (1) random drawing winner from the Top 25 of the final leaderboard receives
a Frankfurt Package “Frankfurt Favorites” for 2 people. Package includes:
- Overnight stay incl. breakfast at a 4-star hotel
- Frankfurt Card for 2 days (free and unlimited use of Frankfurt's public transport system)
- Entrance at the Goethe House
- Entrance at the Palmengarten (Botanical garden)
- Dinner or lunch: typical Frankfurt dish served at a typical Sachsenhausen apple wine pub, incl. a free glass of apple wine
Over 50,000 Points - three (3) random drawing winner receives either:
- The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta - 2 nights, Breakfast for two, Picnic by the sunset experience for two or
- Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa - 2 nights, Breakfast for two, Tequila tasting and Gourmet Moment for two
- Waves Hotel & Spa – an all-inclusive resort in Barbados - 3-night stay for 2 adults. Package includes e all meals, select beverages, complimentary water sports*, beach ambassador service, V.A.T, water taxi transportation, service charges and more.
Over 40,000 Points - one (1) random drawing winner receive a complimentary course enrollment for the Events Industry Council’s online Sustainable Event Professional Certificate (SEPC) program and a one-hour consultation with the Chief Sustainability Officer and Senior Vice President of Industry Advancement, Mariela McIlwraith to discuss your organizations or event’s sustainability path and/or the SEPC course - Your choice. Prize value: $1,000 USD
Qualifications: All participants that reach a cumulative points goal level listed above by the end of the Challenge will be entered into drawings for a chance to win a prize.
Get ready for IMEX Frankfurt! First 10 participants to download the Sustainability Challenge app, complete the in-app registration will win a cruise on the river Main with Primus Linie thanks to Frankfurt Convention Bureau. Please visit Sustainability Challenge booth located between Halls 8 & 9 to pick up a prize and your Challenge sticker.
The first 10 participants to reach 20,000 points and check in with Frankfurt Convention Bureau (F110) booth will win a MuseumsuferTicket - free entry to 38 museums on two consecutive days.
The first 10 participants to reach 30,000 points and check in with Frankfurt Convention Bureau (F110) booth will win a golden ticket for TimeRide virtual reality experience to discover the history of Frankfurt.
Grand prize winners will be contacted via email after the Challenge has ended.
A Sustainable IMEX Experience
We know you will be immersed in the IMEX Frankfurt experience and it can be hectic. The Sustainability Challenge is a great way to prioritize your own wellbeing, expand your sustainability education and learn what IMEX is doing to be sustainable throughout your IMEX experience. By focusing on your stepping and learning, you will be eligible to win.
Move up the Leaderboard quicker by participating in the Bonus Activities. You can earn over 30,000 bonus points.
There are several ways to increase your leaderboard position through Bonus Activities. These activities are based on the various sustainable practices that are featured at IMEX Frankfurt. In partnership with Maritz Global Events and IMEX’s Sustainability Partner – Meet Green – we have developed a creative and unique way to learn how to be sustainable and incorporate these practices into your own events.
The activities are designed to help you think specifically about making sustainable choices and keep it all in balance. Once the Challenge has started, press the Bonus Activities selector ** in the Challenge App.
Sustainability Scavenger Hunt
Scan-In: Participate in the various activities listed below and locate and scan the 10 Sustainability Challenge QR codes and earn daily bonus points. Each activity is worth 1,000 bonus points:
1. Sustainability Challenge Desk (between Halls 8 & 9): Stop by the Sustainability Challenge Desk to receive a Sustainability Challenge sticker and get ready to network with other show participants. Meet other Challenge participants that are identified with the Challenge sticker throughout the show. Share with others what you want to learn during IMEX by using the in-app feature to scan others' personal Connect QR codes.
2. IMEX 5K: Participate in the 5K on. Pre-register here. Meeting point is at the Holbeinsteg Bridge North Side.
On 1 June @ 07:00
3. Sustainability Walking Tour: Kap Europa Messe Frankfurt was the first convention building in the world to be awarded Platinum Certification by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) in 2014. It offers space for up to 2,400 participants on four highly flexible event levels. In both, design and operation, Kap Europa is sustainable through and through. On this tour we will introduce you to Kap Europa and the significant sustainable components that contributed to its certification and which are incorporated in every event on site. For more information, please see here. Pre-registration is requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
Meeting place is at the Messe Frankfurt Booth, Hall 8, F030 at 16:30.
On 1 June @16:30-18:00
4. Eat 100% plant-based food: Eat a plant-based meal while attending the show and scan the QR Code at the IMEX Inspiration Hub.
5. Attend one of the Education/campfire sessions in Hall 9:
On 31 May
@11:00 (Inspiration Hub): Sustainability & Social Impact Campfire
@11:30 (Stand 9.015): More Than Experience Lab
@13:00 (Inspiration Hub): Your Event’s Environmental “Foodprint”
On 1 June
@11:30 (Campfire, Inspiration Hub): What are the Legacies for the Event Industry from COP26
@11:30 (Stand 9.015): More Than Experience Lab
@16:00 (Inspiration Hub): Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Campfire Discussion
On 2 June
@13:00 (Campfire, Inspiration Hub): Making Incentive Travel Work for People and Planet
6. Commit to the People & Planet Pledge: Follow this link and make your pledge. Everyone supporting the pledge can collect a ribbon at the IMEX Info Zone in Hall 9 and also scan the QR code for bonus points.
7. Learn at the “What We Are Made Of”: Visit the "What We Are Made Of" Wall in the People and Planet Village. Scan the QR code near the exhibit.
8. Events Industry Council (Booth #F375): Stop by and talk about sustainability with the EIC staff.
9. Maritz Global Events (Booth #F650): Visit the Maritz Global Events booth and learn about the Net Zero Carbon Event Pledge.
10. Frankfurt Convention Bureau (Booth #F110): Visit and learn from the experienced team of industry experts at the Frankfurt Convention Bureau booth.
Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter: Show us your creativity in your posts as it relates to your or your company’s sustainability commitments! Post on either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter from the in-app module and you will receive 500 bonus points per post. Posts are auto-tagged with #IMEX22, @IMEX_group, @MaritzGlobalEvt, and @heka_health. Users can post as often as they like and are rewarded bonus points for five posts a day per module during the show.
To start thinking about your post, start asking yourself these questions:
Did you take a train or drive to IMEX Frankfurt?
Did you bring a reusable water bottle/coffee mug?
Did you adjust your thermostat in your hotel room?
Did you participate in a towel reuse program?
Social Connect - Meet other Sustainability Challenge participants that are identified with the Challenge sticker throughout the show. Share with others what you want to learn during the event by using the in-app Social Connect feature to scan others' personal Connect QR codes. You will earn 500 bonus points for each connection.
TraffickCam App: Once the Challenge has started, click on the TraffickCam App bonus activity within the Challenge app to download and learn more about the app and you will automatically earn 5,000 bonus points. As a part of the Sustainability Challenge, we ask you to download the app and please continue to use the app every time you are in a hotel. It could save someone from being trafficked. This database of hotel rooms can assist the authorities in finding victims of human trafficking as many times victims are solicited online. Additionally, we encourage you to promote the app with your friends and family to help stop this horrendous crime.
By downloading this app, you can join the fight against human trafficking.
The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) are not just about green choices. These strategic goals are about creating a society where all prosper. UN SDG #3 is good health and wellbeing of all people. UN SDG #10 is reducing inequities. One of the biggest hurdles in the way of achieving these goals is human trafficking. (To learn more about the UN SDGs, click here).
Our industry is committed to the fight against human trafficking and at Maritz Global Events it is core to our brand promise. As frequent travelers and industry professionals we can help in this fight. Thank you for your support.
The Challenge Leaderboard (also available at the Sustainability booth Challenge booth and within the app) is refreshed approximately every 10 minutes once the Challenge has started.
Thanks to the following partners that helped bring this Sustainability Challenge to life:
IMEX Sustainability Partners
For more information please visit the Sustainability Challenge booth between Halls 8 & 9 at the event or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Supported devices and operating systems
** Bonus Activity:
On the Challenge app's main dashboard, tap the Bonus Activities selector.
Press the Connect, Scan-In, TraffickCam App, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram buttons and follow the app instruction to receive your bonus points.
*** For prizes:
You must be registered for IMEX Frankfurt to participate and win prizes in this Challenge